Sunday School has been the basic building block of a Disciple’s journey deeper into faith in Jesus Christ. Believers meet together to read God’s Word, discuss how to live as Disciples, and to encourage one another in the faith.
NURSERY Ministries. (Nursery Room) We have a fully staffed and furnished Nursery Program with trained Attendants to provide a safe and secure environment for your child. The Nursery Ministry consists of separate infant and toddler classrooms, and is available for all church events. Please let our staff know if you would like to arrange childcare for any ministry opportunity.
Children’s Sunday School (2nd Floor, Room 204). Proverbs 22:6 says, “Train children in the right way, and when old they will not stray.” The goal of St. Luke’s Children’s Ministries is to train and prepare children for the purpose God created them: teaching God’s Word and providing children the opportunity to use and develop their spiritual gifts.
Youth Sunday School (2nd Floor, Youth Room) seeks to learn God’s Word and strengthen our personal relationships with Jesus Christ. Using the 4F’s (Faith, Fellowship, Food, and Fun!), Youth learn the tools to be able to stand firm through the storms of life and remain faithful to God in Jesus Christ.
The Triangle Class (Room 109) Is currently examining a study on Jesus and his fulfillment of the prophecies as described throughout the Hebrew (Old) Testament. Utilizing Timothy C. Tennent’s book, “The FulFillment: Jesus and the Old Testament,” (Seedbed Press, 2015) the class is learning about how Jesus is the only Messiah, and our deliverance from sin and death.
The Friendship Class (Conference Room) is a class of faithful disciples who are examining the many ways in which God is presented through scripture and daily experience. The Friendship Class uses Scripture as their primary resource, and supplement their studies with guided curricula that help to deepen the disciple’s faith journey. Everyone is welcome to join in this spiritual journey!
The Genesis Class (Moore Hall) The Genesis Sunday School class is a group of loving, supportive adults who are currently studying the Bible in chronological order. Our study time is interspersed with insightful conversations, light-hearted humor and moments of awe as we discover how exceptionally relevant all those old stories are to our lives today. We joyfully welcome anyone who would like to be part of our family.
Short-term Adult Bible Studies begin periodically throughout the year. These include, but are not limited to:
- BROWN BAG BIBLE STUDY – an informal study that usually lasts from 4 to 10 weeks, meets on Wednesdays from noon to 1 p.m. Bring a Bible and a sack lunch, and enjoy being fed from God’s Word with other believers!
- BOOK Studies – are informal gatherings in peoples’ homes where a particular book is studied and discussed.
Long-Term Bible Studies begin usually in late summer (August) and meet weekly for 28 -34 weeks, depending on the course offered. These include, but are not limited to:
- Disciple Bible Study Series – 32-34 weeks. Four separate, in-depth studies of the Bible, offered each year for four years for a well-rounded experience of Holy Scripture.
- Jesus and the Gospels – 32 weeks. An examination of the person of Jesus Christ as presented in the four gospels.
- Christian Believer – 30 weeks. Examines the historic doctrines of the Christian Faith across the centuries through today. Scripture, hymns, and writings from the early Church leaders are the primary texts.
- Companions in Christ – 28 weeks. Explores the various spiritual disciplines of growing in grace and faith.
If you have any questions about these Sunday School Classes or Bible Study courses, please don’t hesitate to contact us!